"Why?" is probably a good question...I don't really have an answer that makes sense. I very much enjoyed the Cambodian trip that Anthony and I took in 2008 (pictures below). I am keen to do something that takes me out of my comfort zone...and helps people at the same time!
Unlike Elizabeth, I only have 4 months to find (lose) myself, but I'll steal her terminology anyway....
Ride
It allows me to feel like part of the country - smell everything, feel the weather, hear the noises. Riding is not something I have been involved with for very long so this trip will help me test myself. Riding also takes me places that only a bike can get you to - off the beaten track.
Pray
There is a part of me that needs to reconnect with what's important (and I'll need some heavenly help to get through some of the manic traffic!)
Laugh
I want to really engage with the people I meet, enjoy the culture, learn new things, dance where I can and smile at this world (and because I'll need to have a sense of humour!)












Ride, Pray, Laugh
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!!
Wishing you all the very best in your adventure!
Neil's favourite saying "Don't die wondering" So proud of you stepping out of your comfort zone. :)
There is always a thousand answers to why! B
ReplyDeleteBest of luck for your adventure! hopefully we will cross paths!
Hi Helen,
ReplyDeleteI can see you will be in Ankara sometime in your journey. Please give us a call @ my cell no: +90 (532) 265 9342 when you are set for Ankara. I own a bike shop here with full service facilities, so if you need anything at all, will be happy to provide. We have met fellow travellers like yourself via HU and made good friends with them all. Bon voyage!
PS.: We buy the beer!
Hi Bora
ReplyDeleteSounds great - I'll send you a message when I get closer to Ankara. Looking forward to meeting you!
Cheers
Helen