Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3 weeks to go...

So you know what might interest you, posts will be based around Ride (the stuff about riding and the bike) Pray (a little look at the ‘interesting’ synapses misfiring in the grey stuff) and Laugh (little happenings that made me smile) – feel free to read the sections that will interest you.

Ride

Still no Iranian Visa but I’m happy to wait, the only thing it will affect is the Carnet. I’ll be trying  more 3 hours rides next week to get my riding brain into gear. Henry has received the pannier racks and picks up the bike next week –can’t wait to see Ginger!The wonderful SMD opened their pockets to help the Half Baked Pizza team with a small donation for their cause..if you want to donate you can do so here: http://www.bamakoorbust.org.uk/index.html

Pray

"Wow...you must be very brave"...hmmmm does waking at 3am in the morning thinking about the trip and having occasional panic attacks....err....brave? Maybe in travel a certain sense of naivety is essential for continued unabashed enthusiasm. Regardless of the nocturnal mind games I'm entering this challenge with an open mind and an open heart. Just a pity the wallet isn’t too open as well!

Laugh

For a woman, being a male is harder than you think!  No, I’m not talking about the knack of looking at the instructions when an item is half put together (incorrectly). I mean being endowed with the ability to relieve oneself with modesty almost anywhere.  I took the plunge into an accessory that might help if nature calls in an area where you need a little privacy but don’t have it. Standing is foreign and somewhat disconcerting...but I’m sure practice makes perfect ...go girl!

1 comment: