Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2 weeks to go...

I'm officially in getting my bike butt into gear mode. Trying to ride 200 - 300km most days over the next two weeks in the morning and prepping in the afternoon / evening. How to fit the measly amount of clothes I do have into the panniers??? I think Henry is picking up Ginger today - hope she's ok. The route is looking a little 'interesting' at present with the tensions in Syria and 5 cyclists kidnapped in Lebanon. I'll see what the situation is like when I get on the ground.

Brian has put down the first trip challenge for UNICEF
My challenge for you is called 'the family bike trip'... you have to see how many people you can have on your bike and ride together for at least 10 minutes.. maybe to the local market!!! The rules are, you have to have at least 4 people including yourself on the bike that are of varying ages... so you can't just have 3 children that are 5 years old... ahahaha... If you complete your challenge, I'll donate $20 per person on the bike (including yourself) to UNICEF... Good luck, and super safe travels.

Ok Brian - you are ON! ..not sure where..not sure how..and of course it will only be where it's legal ;-) but you are on!

Anyone else wanting to set a challenge, perhaps it's to reach a certain GPS spot..anything, let me know, it's all for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment